<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 05, 2003

ryan sent this.. i thought it was pretty good so im posting it here...

"How to focus on how blessed you are."
By Claire McFee, Author of Organise Your Life!
*********************************************************************
At times we are all guilty of complaining about our lives, even though most of
us live so much better than the majority of people in the world. We sometimes
complain about the seemingly never ending chores we have to do. We do this
without thinking about the fact that we are only able to complain about these
things because we have the luxury of houses to clean, food to cook with, cars
to ferry ourselves around in, in the first place.

Below is a poem a friend sent me recently, that really struck a chord with me in relation
to this, that I thought may with you too.
********************************************************************
We all have important choices to make in life, now it's your turn
to choose.

The story goes... some time ago a man punished his 5-year-old daughter for
wasting a roll of expensive gold wrapping paper to decorate a box to put under the
Christmas tree as money was tight.

Nevertheless, the little brought the gift box to her father the next morning and said, "This is for you, Daddy." The father was embarrassed by his earlier overreaction, but his anger flared again when he found the box was empty. He spoke to her in a harsh manner, "Don't you know, young lady, when you give someone a present there's supposed to be something inside?"

The little looked up at him with tears in her eyes and said, "Oh, Daddy, it's not empty. I blew kisses into it until it was full." The father was crushed. He fell on his knees and put his arms around his little , and he begged her to forgive him for his unnecessary anger. An accident took the life of the child only a short time later and it is told that the father kept that gold box by his bed for all the years of his life. And whenever he was discouraged or faced difficult problems he would open the box and take out an imaginary kiss and remember the love of the child who had put it there.

In a very real sense, each of us have been given a golden box filled with unconditional love and kisses from our children, family, friends and God. There is no more precious possession anyone could hold.You now have two choices. You can ignore this or take it on board and really appreciate what you have.

So try to find a positive out of every negative - Try this - I am thankful....

For the husband who snores all night, Because he is at home asleep with me and not with someone else.
For my teenage daughter who is complaining about doing dishes, Because that means she's at home & not on the streets.
For the taxes that I pay, Because it means that I am employed.
For the mess to clean after a party, Because it means that I have been surrounded by friends.
For the clothes that fit! a little too snug, Because it means I have enough to eat.
For a floor that needs mopping, and windows that need cleaning, Because it means I have a home.
For all the complaining I hear about the government, Because it means that we have freedom of speech.
For the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot, Because it means I am capable of walking and that have been blessed with transportation.
For the noise I have to bear from my neighbors, Because it means that I can hear.
For the pile of laundry and ironing, Because it means I have clothes to wear.
For weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day, Because it means I have been capable of working hard.
For the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours, Because it means that I am alive.
AND FINALLY... for too many e-mails, because it means I have friends who are thinking of me.

i thank God for my life and my friends, my family.. for putting me in this palce in this time.. i thank Him for being real, true and faithful, for sticking with me thru thich and thin and for saving me from the pit of eternal darkness and separation from God.. thank You so much..... AMEN! love grace

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?